Rather than laying down extensive amounts of money on hiring an interior decorator or other professionals, consider doing some extra research on your own and then plan your own DIY project for decorating your home.
Modern furniture has a definite look and feel. The lines are sleek, the colors are bright and airy, and there is no end to the numbers of furniture combinations you can come up with, using simple mix and match rules.
If you wish to make a compelling statement, examine some of the more daring, futuristic and outlandish designs, which scream “look at me”. However, this does not mean that modern furniture for those whose tastes are more plain and conservative. Basic living room sets as well as kitchen and bedroom sets are offered in these more contemporary forms, and they can be as attention-getting or as neutral as you desire them to be.
Here are some simple, useful decorating tips, which let you to combine different models of modern furniture and accessories to turn your home into a picture-perfect display:
* Before you set out to buy any furniture or accessories, make a point to have a clear estimate of the color scheme and setting you would desire to decorate with in each room. Take the required measurements and devise a complete list of all the items you will need.
* With modern furniture, “less is more”! Hence, plan on having no more than 2-3 or less items of furniture in every room. Having a multitude of accessories or collectibles positioned around the room, tends to clutter up the free space.
* After all this is the primary concept of beautifying your rooms with furnishings that are made with clean and simple lines, which is the hallmark of modern furniture décor.
* It is recommended that the walls are painted with bright colors. In fact, you could in all probability paint 2 walls in one color and the other two in various complementary colors, with both colors highlighting the furniture and accessories layout.
* Look for design thoughts from magazines, design shows on TV, large home-décor retail and wholesale outlets and on-line and let creative mind work overtime, to put together interesting and colorful designs to decorate your home.